From the press release:
Hailing from cities across the United States, six of the best barbecue masters in the country meet in New York to face off for a $50,000 grand prize and the right to claim the title of Best In Smoke in the new Food Network series. Hosted by Bryan Caswell (season three finalist on The Next Iron Chef), this competition tests the competitors’ endurance and skill as they take on multiple challenges with limited resources, while cooking for vastly different audiences. From barbecue desserts to single bite hors d’oeuvres, no food is off limits.
It should be noted that not one of the six contestants is from Memphis.
Those competing in the four-part series:
· “Famous Dave” Anderson (Minneapolis) — Founder, Famous Dave’s America
· Chris Hart (Boston) — Winner, Jack Daniels’s Invitational World Championship BBQ 2009
· Sara Horowitz (El Paso) — 2nd place, Versus National BBQ Championship Series
· Matt Lang (Brooklyn, NY) — Former Head Chef, Fette Sau
· Chris Lilly (Decatur, Ala.) — Vice President, Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q Restaurant
· Brad Orrison (Ocean Springs, Miss.) — Founder, The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint