Some frequent flyers boarding planes at Memphis International Airport may soon have a chance to skip a few time-consuming security measures through the TSA Pre✓™ program.
On Friday, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will open an application site at Memphis International Airport for TSA Pre✓™, a screening program that allows passengers to move through security without removing shoes and belts and being allowed to keep their laptops and small bottles of liquids and gels in their carry-on bags.
TSA Pre✓™ is open to those who meet the following criteria:
* U.S. citizens of frequent flyer programs who meet TSA-mandated criteria and who have been invited by a participating airline.
* U.S. citizens with a Known Traveler Number.
* U.S. citizens who are members of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection trusted traveler program, such as Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS.
* Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
* Foreign citizens who are members of Global Entry (see Global Entry eligibility) and not registered as a U.S. lawful permanent resident.
* Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves, and National Guard.
Additionally, the program is open to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent residents who aren't frequent flyers but have been accepted into the TSA Pre✓™ application program. To begin, those interested should go through the pre-enrollment process online. Once pre-enrolled, they should make an appointment with the TSA and complete enrollment at the airport's new application center.
Here are some tips from the TSA about applying for TSA Pre✓™.
The application center will be open on week days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Questions may be directed to the Universal Enrollment Call Center at 1-855-347-8371.