Did'ja hear the one about Bill Clinton and the time he deported almost 2 million people in one year?
Bric, keepin it classy again.
Yes Schumer did say that. Whats the relevance?
Did'ja hear the one about Chuck Schumer tweeting "We must tighten loopholes in the Visa Waiver prgm, ensure passports cant be faked & stop terrorists who want to exploit the system. 12:26 PM - 19 Nov 2015"?
It's a gas (light).
Bric a brac is correct, over 75% of the population of Puerto Rico was white. The other 25% was Bigfoot.
So, I guess the guys were White Nationalisttttsss?
(Not the first time I've ask this question.)
Hey, Nick, I'd ask what it would take for you to recognize that white M'Fer the PO PO are slapping aginst' the wall is likely your best friend, but, from experience, id say there is nothing i could do.
Did you know that in 1950, over 75% of the population of Puerto Rico was white?
Apparently, something about white people fucking over other, non-white people. I don't know what history book he read, but it clearly didn't address the other, 98% of hidestory.
Brichy, What was in chapter one?
If "feeling fucked over" is all it takes for you to ok some type of violence, where would that lead humanity?
I'm thinking you shouldn't have stopped at the end of chapter one in your history book and maybe should have read the other 29 chapters.
I do find it amusing that the people furthest from any Muslims are the most fearful of them.
What's the word that's all the rage on Breitbart???? ...snowflakes, all
I said that serious crap involved white guys fucking over non white people. The shooters perceived themselves as the fuckees, the congress as the fuckers (and who can argue with that). Had the PR shooters been well uniformed, academy trained special ops... oh I'm rambling and it's not that late.
Let's put it this way, had Joe Tohbitubbe went batshit when Old Hickory started acting out, would he have been wrong?
@CL - I dunno about whether or not funneling events into a gunny sack to fit your agenda is indicated, CL. The guys that got shot on the floor of the House were pretty well fucked over, and they were all white. One of them, Clifford Davis (yeah THAT Clifford Davis) was a Tennessee representative, actually. The conspirators were, being Puerto Rican, non-white, socially.
So... It is entirely possible for both sides of the issue to be very, very wrong.
I'm seeing a thread here where all this serious crap involved white guys fucking over non white people; the ongoing American narrative. which might explain the general lack of dispassion.
@CL - These young whippersnappers around here keep forgetting that there have been times in the past where crap got serious in government. This stuff is child's play. I'll wager there are few people in this thread that even know about the five congressmen that were shot in the House of Representatives by Puerto Rican nationalists from the Ladies Gallery in a 1954 attack. (Jimmie Carter, bless his lusting little soul, pardoned them in the 1970's.) Or various cane attacks and verbal abuse which occurred during the lengthy debate on Slavery in the 1800's.
But you know, "The Sky Is Falling" seems to be the narrative. Again.
Great, now you've gone and given them a precedent.
@anon123456 - "..But to be sure, there is absolutely no parallel to the manner in which Trump is doing things..."
That isn't really true. Aren't you forgetting Worcester vs. Georgia during Andrew Jackson's administration?
@Tired of the stupid - Meh... Chris is right. It is different. Doesn't matter though. What is certain, is that the press is hostile, and the Trump team is inept at handling them. Kind of what I expected to happen. It is going to take some time for the new President to figure out what he can and can't do. It will be interesting to see how the other branches of government constrain his agenda. Apparently the Judicial, in the person of Ann Donnelly, has started the process of giving him appropriate boundaries of Executive action. I suspect the Legislative branch won't be far behind.
After that, we will see what we will see.
Issuing executive orders when you party controls both houses of Congress is as lazy as a spray on tan.
You are stating the source you suspect anon of using and not even attempting one of your own. This is the equivalent of planting a bag of rock in someone's back pocket. BTW that is the wrong thing to do.
Up is not down regardless of what senior officials state.
By Micaela Watts
download this issue
click here to see more »