I could get behind the dream if the following changes were made to immigration laws here in the US:
1. Any administration who willingly decides not to enforce the immigration would face impeachment automatically.
2. Laws need to be changed so that the parents who brought their children here illegally get nothing e.g. no citizenship ever even after their children become citizens.
3. In state tuition is only offered to the children of illegal immigrant who first serve at least 2 years in the military e.g. after granted citizenship.
4. Should any of these children be found to be harboring illegal immigrants, including their parents after they obtain citizenship, then they shall be stripped of their US citizenship and returned to their parents country of origin.
5. The entire legislation dealing with birth right children needs to be addressed since this law was intended for prior slaves after the civil war
6. Boarders need to be rigorously controlled and illegal immigration reduced by some provable percentage before any of the laws take affect.
As a US citizen and retired Navy enlist man I think this approach is perfectly fair.
By Chris Davis, Susan Ellis, Toby Sells, and Maya Smith
download this issue
click here to see more »