Brian Quinn 
Member since Dec 29, 2011


Stats

Friends

  • No friends yet.
Become My Friend Find friends »

Recent Comments

Re: “Elvis Week Events

I do not like Elvis impersonators. Only the real thing for me.

0 likes, 2 dislikes
Posted by Brian Quinn on 08/08/2014 at 9:22 AM

Re: “Elvis Presley Enterprises Sold

Only 85% of EPE has been sold. Lisa Marie owns the remaining 15%. I wish ABG all the best in furthering the legacy of THE KING.

6 likes, 2 dislikes
Posted by Brian Quinn on 11/19/2013 at 4:38 PM

Re: “Fit For a King

Elvis Presley was the greatest singer/entertainer the world has ever seen. He was the complete package - he had the talent, the looks, the voice, the moves, the charisma and could sing in virtually every musical genre available to him. He was also extremely humble with it. Of course Elvis was more than just an entertainer but quite an historical figure. It was he alone who broke down social and cultural barriers in 1950's U.S.A. making it easier for all entertainers who followed in his footsteps (remember, no Elvis then no Beatles, Stones, Madonna, Springsteen or Michael Jackson). In doing so he helped the introduction of the Civil Rights Movement and Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr., whom Elvis greatly admired. Today, Elvis is everywhere from movies to soap operas; from stage plays to books and magazines and from cartoons to CD's and DVD's. He is the most photographed and impersonated person ever and we will never see his like again. There has only ever been one KING of music and that is Elvis and he remains the template by which success is measured in the music business. Memphis and the U.S.A. should be really proud of this southern boy who became a hero for millions around the world. It is heartening to see that amelioration of EP Boulevard is about to take place at last and is only fitting and proper that it should commence during the 35th Anniversary of Elvis' passing. He is sadly missed and truly 'sui generis'.

2 likes, 1 dislike
Posted by Brian Quinn on 03/15/2012 at 6:11 PM
ADVERTISEMENT

Collections

Favorite Places

  • None.
Find places »

Saved Events

  • Nada.
Find events »

Saved Stories

  • Nope.
Find stories »

Custom Lists

  • Zip.
ADVERTISEMENT
 
© 1996-2016

Contemporary Media
460 Tennessee Street, 2nd Floor | Memphis, TN 38103
Visit our other sites: Memphis Magazine | Memphis Parent | Inside Memphis Business
Powered by Foundation