Stuff & Sh*t
It was only a matter of time before some intrepid Memphis YouTubers picked up on the "Shit People Say" meme and applied it to the Bluff City. It may not be as LOL funny as it could be, but here are some choice lines:
• Collierville? I am not going to drive that far.
• Nobody here knows how to drive when there are other cars driving near by them.
• Anywhere east of Highland is not in Midtown.
• Nobody here knows how to drive when it's raining.
• He was an extra in Cast Away.
• Nobody here knows how to drive when it's sleeting.
• I've never been to Graceland.
• Nobody here knows how to drive when it's snowing.
• It's so humid.
• Tony Allen is my DAWG!
Speaking of Tony Allen, your Pesky Fly is seriously thinking about renaming this column "Sh*t Tony Allen Tweets." Last week, Allen had some interesting suggestions for what gentlemen might want to write on their special girl's Valentine. Although the holiday has passed, hopeless romantics may wish to press these love poems in a Harlequin paperback for future use.
And Allen wasn't just making Valentines. People were making them for him too. This one from The Basketball Jones blog says, "You must be known for your defense because you definitely stole my heart."