For those who may not have heard, times are tough, cash is scarce, and everybody is wondering what new troubles this new year will bring. Well, folks, nobody feels your pain like George Jones, the Cadillac of country music. Over the years he's seen good times — like gold records — and bad times — like having his liver cut in half in a car wreck. And he's sung about all of it. This week at Sam's Town Casino in Tunica, ol' Possum will sing his heart out once again. Here's the Flyer's ideal George Jones set list for 2009.
10. "Your Heart Turned Left (And I Was on the Right)" — Dedicated to John McCain and Sarah Palin.
9."Two Story House" — The first story is about how home values always go up. The second story is about how the first
story is bull$h*t.
8. "High-Tech Redneck" — Will the iPhone replace your IROC Camaro?
7. "There Goes My Everything" — Dedicated to the unregulated credit swap.
6. "Mansion on the Hill" — Is in foreclosure.
5. "Walk Through This World With Me" — Because my car was repossessed.
4. "I've Got 5 Dollars and It's Saturday Night" — For the braggarts among us.
3. (Tie) "These Days (I Barely Get By)/What's Money?" — That's a hit single!
"All I Have To Offer You Is Me" — Sweet and self-explanatory.
1. "We're Gonna Hold On" — Because, you know, that's what we're going to do.
George Jones, Friday, JanUary 30th, and Saturday, January 31st, Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, 1477 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd., Robinsonville, Mississippi (800-456-0711). Tickets are $50 in advance, $60 the day of the show.