Autoegocrat, you could say the same about Cohen. I didn't hear him saying a word when LaTroy Williams put him on his ballot in 2012!
Try as you might, to slander my name, I stand on my principles, which remain the same!
So we don't agree on Congressional candidates, no need to insult.
It seems you share the same morals as your candidate. Now that he has a formidable opponent, he is showing his true colors, and so are you.
And for the rest of you trying to draw Mr. Wilkins out to denounce Mr. Williams, why don't you direct your attention to the known perpetrator - Mr. LaTroy Williams! You would prefer to play politics and draw attention away from the fact that Mr. Wilkins' hands are clean, and he has run a clean campaign.
Oh boy. Cohen promised us a dirty campaign, and today he's gonna deliver on that promise. I'm sure he's gonna try to say that Wilkins orchestrated this whole thing. He'll spend the next few days going on about how Wilkins played dirty. Even Jackson's article acknowledges that this is a LaTroy Williams production and that Wilkins is not involved - but that won't matter to Cohen. He's gonna belly ache and whine, and try to shift the focus to Wilkins because he is desperate.
Wilkins has run a campaign worthy of my support. He conducted himself with integrity and brought his message straight to the voters, and, unlike Cohen, without any back room bullying.
Funny u should say "take down the Wilkins signs.......is that an admission?
I'm glad to see Cohen's heavy handed tactics and dirty politics finally coming to light. People need to see him for the person he really is, not just the person his PR team presents.
Fact: In previous elections, Mr. Cohen had the endorsement of the union.
Fact: In this election, the local union gave their endorsement to Mr. Wilkins.
Fact: Mr. Cohen called the national office of the union after he got wind of the local union's endorsement.
Fact: The local union admitted that they had agreed to endorse Mr. Wilkins but, after the call, they were told to "stand down."
Fact: The local union decided they couldn't endorse a candidate in the race.
THE FACT REMAINS....
MR. COHEN, WHO IN ALL PRIOR ELECTIONS HAD THE ENDORSEMENT OF THE LOCAL UNION, DID NOT GET IT THIS ELECTION.
The fact is....
MR. COHEN LOST THE ENDORSEMENT AND SUPPORT OF THE LOCAL UNION.
I'm thinking he has lost the support of the majority of his constituents too.
Ghost, when you get your facts straight, maybe your comments will make more sense.
So, let's start with the facts.
1. Mr. Wilkins is running on a well rounded platform. Check out his website at rickywilkinsforcongress.com.
2. He has NEVER injected race into this campaign, although your candidate did - in the worst, most insulting way ever. You remember the Pearl ad that you guys tried to squash? Accountable Politics posted it on YouTube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6n4GtXFAWk.
3. Mr. Wilkins never made ONE PENNY on the Linebarger tax collections.
4. With Mr. Wilkins' pedigree, he could have lived anywhere in the country, but CHOSE to return to work and serve in his hometown.
5. Mr. Cohen, on the other hand has to read the papers to know what legislation we need and has managed to pass only 2 bills.
6. Mr. Cohen now represents the poorest metropolitan city of its size - and that slide occurred during his representation.
7. Mr Cohen leads the Tennessee delegation in special interest and voter funded travel.
8. Mr. Cohen has lived off the government for several decades now, but has become a millionaire - go figure.
Shall I continue, or have you had enough?
All Comments »
By Toby Sells
download this issue
click here to see more »