Friday, September 13, 2013

Memphis Heritage Plans Boycott

Posted By on Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Screen_shot_2013-09-13_at_11.49.51_AM.png

Last week, Chancellor Walter Evans upheld the sale of the Nineteenth Century Club to its current owners, Mr. and Mrs. Shon Lin, thus paving the way for demolition.

Now Memphis Heritage is circulating an online petition asking supporters to pledge a boycott against any businesses the Lins may build and operate on the Nineteenth Century Club property. The petition says someone named David Wachtel of Nashville has made a formal offer to the Lins to purchase and reuse the Nineteenth Century Club building "as an upscale restaurant and event venue."

There has been no word on whether the Lins will take Wachtel up on his offer, but if someone else were to purchase the property from them and reuse the building rather than demolish, the Memphis Heritage petition says it would support whatever business locates there.

As of this writing, the petition had 1,058 signatures with a goal of reaching 2,000.

Comments (9)

Showing 1-9 of 9

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-9 of 9

Add a comment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Readers also liked…

Most Commented On

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
© 1996-2015

Contemporary Media
460 Tennessee Street, 2nd Floor | Memphis, TN 38103
Visit our other sites: Memphis Magazine | Memphis Parent | Memphis Business Quarterly
Powered by Foundation