Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Fire at Saigon Le

Posted By on Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Saigon Le, the beloved Midtown Vietnamese restaurant best known for lemongrass tofu and bird's nest egg rolls, caught fire on Tuesday afternoon. 

The Memphis Fire Department sent 47 firefighters and 19 pieces of equipment to the scene at 51 N. Cleveland. Lt. Wayne Cooke, MFD spokesperson, said everyone inside the building had been safely evacuated.

During rush hour around 4:30 p.m., smoke could be seen billowing from the roof of the building. The staff at neighboring Friends for Life (43 N. Cleveland) were forced to evacuate.

In various media reports, the Le family, owners of Saigon Le, have stated that the fire may be a total loss for the business.

click to enlarge img_9151.jpg
click to enlarge img_9152.jpg

Tags: , ,

Keep the Flyer Free!

Always independent, always free (never a paywall),
the Memphis Flyer is your source for the best in local news and information.

Now we want to expand and enhance our work.
That's why we're asking you to join us as a Frequent Flyer member.

You'll get membership perks (find out more about those here) and help us continue to deliver the independent journalism you've come to expect.


Comments (4)

Showing 1-4 of 4

Add a comment

Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-4 of 4

Add a comment


Readers also liked…

© 1996-2018

Contemporary Media
460 Tennessee Street, 2nd Floor | Memphis, TN 38103
Visit our other sites: Memphis Magazine | Memphis Parent | Inside Memphis Business
Powered by Foundation